On our first roadtrip together, some 10 years ago, we drove from NYC to Niagara Falls.
On the way home, I saw a sign for Millard Fillmore's Birthplace. I told them we had to stop and see it. You can't just drive by Millard Fillmore's birthplace!!!
My roadtrip buddies collectively said, Who?
And thus, two items were added to Roadtrippers Canon:
1) Always plan an itinerary...one that includes the major, minor, and mostly obscure attractions.
2) Always include a U.S. Presidential site.
And now, here's KIA, backing their position that no one's ever heard of Millard Fillmore, our 13th president. (Play the KIA's Unheard of Presidents' Sale video.)
Lesson learned. Never NOT stop at an interesting stop.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Where it all began...
On our first roadtrip together, some 10 years ago, we drove from NYC to Niagara Falls.
On the way home, I saw a sign for Millard Fillmore's Birthplace. I told them we had to stop and see it. You can't just drive by Millard Fillmore's birthplace!!!
My roadtrip buddies collectively said, Who?
And thus, two items were added to Roadtrippers Canon:
1) Always plan an itinerary...one that includes the major, minor, and mostly obscure attractions.
2) Always include a U.S. Presidential site.
And now, here's KIA, backing their position that no one's ever heard of Millard Fillmore, our 13th president. (Play the KIA's Unheard of Presidents' Sale video.)
Lesson learned. Never NOT stop at an interesting stop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know why you didn't learn that lesson long time ago!
I saw that commercial!
Post a Comment