I'm sorry to report, dear readers, that the Great American Roadtrip has been cancelled, or at the very least postponed.
There are all sorts of personal reasons for this decision - gas prices being near the very top. With gas expected to be topping $4 this year, and us travelling more than 5,000 miles it seemed silly.
Another tipping point for me personally is the bail-out of Bear Stearns, and its effect on NYC's economy. Arguably, this has naught to do with me personally, but it just seemed fiscally irresponsible to be taking a trip just before a giant recession. It could have been our own Grapes of Wrath roadtrip across America.
Now, all of this could seem like sour graping about not being able to go...so, I'm keeping this blog open, in hopes that we can eventually take this trip in the next couple of years or so. And periodically, we'll keep adding various places that I think we should add to the itinerary.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
And, sadly, this is where it ends...
I'm sorry to report, dear readers, that the Great American Roadtrip has been cancelled, or at the very least postponed.
There are all sorts of personal reasons for this decision - gas prices being near the very top. With gas expected to be topping $4 this year, and us travelling more than 5,000 miles it seemed silly.
Another tipping point for me personally is the bail-out of Bear Stearns, and its effect on NYC's economy. Arguably, this has naught to do with me personally, but it just seemed fiscally irresponsible to be taking a trip just before a giant recession. It could have been our own Grapes of Wrath roadtrip across America.
Now, all of this could seem like sour graping about not being able to go...so, I'm keeping this blog open, in hopes that we can eventually take this trip in the next couple of years or so. And periodically, we'll keep adding various places that I think we should add to the itinerary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment