I needed to furnish my new house, and Joy suggested North Carolina. "It's the furniture capital," she said. So we drove through a blizzard from NYC to North Carolina, to visit Rovan, Joy's parents, not to mention 7 furniture stores in 2 days.
And there it was.
It was the 7th store on the last day, 15 minutes before closing. I sat on this couch. I loved the colors -- deep reds and browns, with greens and golds mixed in. And it was a sectional, just what I wanted. Never one to act on impulse, I needed to think about it during the 10 hour drive back to NYC. I couldn't not think about it, and I changed my mind at least two dozen times. So to distract me, Joy and I started talking about a trip. Yes, the Great American Roadtrip. With Rovan. In a RV that thankfully got downgraded to a minivan because I doubt my ability to drive a RV. Across the US of A. My one stipulation? Roswell, NM.
And so it began.
2 comments:
I love the rug and the cubes. Do the cubes have storage? What? I like furniture. The couch is nice too. I love going to NC for furniture shopping. Too bad my favorite place, Rose Furniture, closed last summer.
Hmmm, do you expect to see any aliens?
No, the cubes do not have storage. What I'm hoping to find in the near future is a coffee table that has a cushion on top and a bottom shelf.
Why, yes I do!
Post a Comment